Position Title: Cloud & Data Center Systems Support Analyst (Intermediate)
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada's foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success-based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge based, life balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high energy business focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
The Cloud & Data Center Systems Support Analyst, within Charter Managed Services (CMS), maintains a positive relationship with our clients while aligning to and delivering to client timelines and expectations.
The Cloud & Data Center Systems Support Analyst is responsible for daily operations, proactive management, technology recommendations, implementing best practices and managing incidents/requests while ensuring Service Level Agreements are maintained. This role is the client Subject Matter Expert (SME) and acts as an extension of their environment(s) while maintaining accurate runbooks and documentation.
Note: We are open to considering candidates from across Canada but preference will be given to candidates from the following locations: Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology, Network & Electronics Technician, etc.) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of directly related work experience and education
- Minimum of 5+ year's previous hands-on technical experience in IT & Infrastructure Administration
- Proven experience providing technical design, deployment and support of Data Center Networking, Storage, Systems and Cloud based solutions
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and hold industry certifications such as VMware VCP, Microsoft, or AWS certificates
o Current certifications are not mandatory, but candidates with AZ 305 and AZ 700 certifications will be viewed favorably.
- Experience working in a Solutions Integrator, Value-Added Reseller (VAR) or Managed Services Provider (MSP) an asset
- Competence in the configuration and troubleshooting of networking hardware, specifically switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points considered a strong asset
- Time management, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills are greatly desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Stay current on emerging technologies and potential disruptors (market trends, industry evolution and technology)
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven team player with ability to deliver outstanding service while building and nurturing relationships with clients
- Self-motivated, proactive, action-oriented individual; demonstrated ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize tasks and accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Technical-focused and process oriented as it relates to service experience, incidents and events impacting service availability and interruptions
- Good technical analytical and correlation skills; able to analyze and provide solution to incidents
- Efficient problem-solving skills; able to identify, document and recommend solutions to problems accurately
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Infrastructure support, Data Centre, and IT operations
- Performs advanced analysis, troubleshooting, and investigation into client environments
- Advises on controls and risk management processes and practices; identifies and recommends to management potential improvements or immediate risk concerns.
- Establish and maintains relationships and collaboration with 3rd party service providers and technology delivery partners
- Develops and approves support documentation, system processes, and procedures that relate to all system and solution implementation within client environments
- Willingness to coach and mentor other team members
- Robust foundational knowledge with the ability to quickly adopt adjacent technologies and products
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word), project and time reporting/scheduling tools
- Overtime as required (Paid or Banked)
- Minimal Travel – Less than 10%
If you think that you are a good fit, please apply with a resume and cover letter - we look forward to hearing from you!