The qualifications section for this position was developed using the approved job evaluation plan, agreed to between the BCGEU and BCIT. The qualifications represent the minimum qualifications required in the future (i.e. to be reflected in job postings) and do not reflect the incumbent’s existing qualifications.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in a science or technology-related discipline.
- Two years of general experience in application development, plus three years of direct related experience in developing for 3D environments and simulations.
- Must have a portfolio of custom-built applications or equivalent examples of work showing at least one example of:
- Educational applications
- Mobile and web applications
- AR / VR / MR applications
Software/Computer Application(s) and Expertise:
- Proficient in C#, OpenGL, Unity3D, 3D frameworks, and .Net framework required.
- Experience with AR and VR development frameworks (ARKit, Vuforia, React VR…etc.)
- Initiative and aptitude to learn new frameworks and platforms on a regular basis.
- Competency in math and physics for 3D / simulations (algebra, calculus, optimization).
- Strong attention to detail and extensive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with repository and server management.
- Graphic and digital media skills:
- Competent using Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator or other graphic tools.
- UI/UX design for 2D and 3D environments.
- Understanding of 3D modelling concepts and platforms (3DSMax, Maya).
- Experience with shader development, editor scripting, 2D/3D animation integration.
- Able to effectively analyze learning situations to identify and solve technology-related issues.
- Able to explain technical decisions to the broader team and project sponsors.
- Must be a team player, demonstrate ability to work independently and to take tasks to completion.
- Excellent professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Administrative Skills (e.g. prioritizing, minute taking, wp speed, etc.):
- Comfortable maintaining appropriate documentation and source control/repositories.