At Avina, we strive to provide the best working environment for our team by ensuring a work-life balance, opportunities for recognition and growth, and an overall supportive and positive environment. We highly value our team of staff who are like family to us and aim to promote diversity, respect and a long-term career for our employees.
We are an organization dedicated to sourcing and processing quality mushrooms to meet our customer's needs. Our employees are our biggest asset. They play a key role in our continuous improvement and commitment to delivering quality food.
We are looking for a Human Resources Administrative Assistant.
The primary role of this position is to provide administrative support and assistance to the Human Resources Department and Manager. The HR Assistant will report to the HR Manager.
- Organize physical and electronic materials, including managing employee files.
- Post job ads, as directed by Manager.
- Conduct phone screen interview of potential applicants.
- Forward phone screen questionnaire and resume to department managers.
- Book interviews for department manager.
- Maintain job ads for LMIA positions, ensuring they do not expire.
- Compile recruitment summaries for LMIA application submission.
- Opportunity for creation, design, and implementation of training programs.
- Track expiry dates.
- Assist Health & Safety Department with claims management.
- Miscellaneous duties, as direct by Manager.
- Self-motivated, able to take ownership of tasks.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within a diversified team.
- Flexibility, ability to adapt and provide a wide range of support activities in a fast and changing environment.
- Problem solver, with good, analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex issues and implement solutions.
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant, or similar role.
- Certificate or diploma in Administrative Assistant, Business Office, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, and an aptitude to learn new systems.
- WHMIS, Food Safety, and understanding of GMP's, an asset.
- Extended Health Benefits
- Annual performance reviews
- Team building
- Training/Professional Development
- Opportunities for recognition & growth
If you feel this position is a fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location