The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
If you are a self-led, energetic professional, Honeywell currently has an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your skills in a key role as a Senior Project Manager.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is part of Honeywell Building Technologies, a $9 billion strategic business group of Honeywell. HBS installs, integrates and maintains systems that keep government, education, commercial and industrial facilities safe, secure, comfortable, productive and efficient. HBS is also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations and power providers to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources. Our expertise is found in a wide range of services from maintaining building automation technology to building advanced microgrids that provide onsite generation and energy security to delivering comprehensive programs to help utilities and the electrical grid operate smarter. To learn more about Honeywell Building Solutions, please visit https://buildingsolutions.honeywell.com.
Responsible for the successful implementation of approved energy projects and providing support to identify and develop new opportunities on site. This position will manage the overall relationship with the customer including any technical or logistical issues that may arise. Once a performance contract is sold, the Project Manager must be the 'project champion' to supervise all work and ensure a timely, high quality project completion. Primary function will be to interface with the customer and manage subcontractors to efficiently and effectively complete the project on time, ahead of schedule and with a satisfied customer. Good communications skills are required as this individual will have interaction with subcontractors and facility owners. Project management software such as Microsoft Project will be utilized for tracking project timeliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping projects on schedule and within budget
- Developing and managing project schedules
- Developing or refining a Scope of Work (SOW) for projects
- Reporting project progress to the customer
- Onsite coordination of subcontract work
- Customer point of contact for all coordination
- Managing projects or specific portions of larger project
- Scheduling including resource-loading critical path analysis
- Demonstrate knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Cost & Financials (ex. RDE, spend, forecast, variance)
- Risk Management (Identification & Mitigation)
- Ability to travel to project sites and for applicable in-person meetings 50%
YOU MUST HAVE
- Post – secondary education in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction/Project Management
- 3 years of Construction Project Management experience
- Required to provide support, task direction and tracking of the assigned direct reports, supporting functions and sub-contractors.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Engineering preferred; however, experience, a successful track record and a desire to work on a team in a fast-paced, growing industry are the most important qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, or Construction/Project Manager
- 5 years of Project Management or Construction experience
- Industry certification such as CEM, PMP, PEng, or LEED certification
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Computer literate and be able to use a variety of software packages (MS Office/Project)
- Self-starter and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience managing construction and retrofit of HVAC and BAS projects.
JOB ID: HRD207483
Category: Business Management
Location: 1 Duffy Place,St. John's,Newfoundland and Labrador,A1B 4M6,Canada