Title: QA Software Tester
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12+ Months (Will Extend)
Experience: 5 Years
• Proficient in a Java based testing framework
• Professional experience in Selenium
• Responsible for developing test plans
• Perform test automation development, validation and deployments
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the overall quality of the web applications developed internally at Our Client in Toronto. You will work together with our Development and DevOps teams in driving the test strategies for major initiatives and product development. You will be responsible for implementing testing standards and develop automated and manual testing solutions. You will look to match the best testing technology and solutions to our workflows, constantly on the hunt for ways to improve things. You will also be hands-on with our developers, product owners, and UI/UX designers on a daily basis to deliver on sprint goals. You are a software engineer and thrive on applying your technical skills to build elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You will have a big picture view of how systems in our application environment work, how code gets built, tested, and deployed. You know how to make the end-user experience great.
- Responsible for developing test plans
- Perform test automation development, validation and deployments
- Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
- Analyze test results to discover and report on defects.
- Document defects, debug effectively and collaborate with developers for resolution
- Work with the scrum team to ensure that all stories have well defined acceptance criteria, test plans, and any hooks needed to enable testability
- Diagnose issues to determine scope and provide reproduction scenarios
- Work with business community to plan and execute UAT.
- Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- Proactively identify new tools/processes/approaches and continuously strive to find ways to improve the overall testing strategy
- Deliver high quality product releases.
- 5 years of professional experience testing responsive, single-page web applications
- Experience with Selenium Automation testing
- Understanding of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Aware of scripting and automation frameworks with languages like Java, Python
- Have successfully managed and delivered results with teams in agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects, reporting status to various levels of project organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Pay: $46,752.16-$90,000.00 per year
- quality assurance: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-04-03