The Business Systems Analyst performs a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis, and project management. As a Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship between IS, and one or more business areas, implementing new applications, as well as supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications. A Business Systems Analyst may also provide guidance and direction to Systems Analysts and Developers.
- Manage the customer relationship between IS and Land business areas; Support, maintain, enhance and/or upgrade a portfolio of custom and package applications
- Analyze requests for new functionality, and document business cases to justify new application investments; Understand the architecture of the applications within the groups portfolio
- Develop estimates of effort for design of new, and/or modification to existing, application components
- Design application components to automate and streamline business processes and functions; Develop and maintain technical specifications and documentation
- Business area planning that includes scheduling and management of application projects
- Plan, assign and monitor daily work assignments for Systems Analysts, Developers and Developer Analysts
- Troubleshoot and repair problems that occur in the everyday use of an application
- Develop cost estimates for the annual IS capital and sustainment budgets
- Job location; Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5x2 - Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan, and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Land Systems such as CS Land and/or QBLM is required
- Experience within Mineral Land, Contracts Admin or JV Admin would be beneficial
- Typically 10+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst and Systems Analyst, preferably supporting Land and Corporate Development with experience implementing an Application; SQL, database design and query tools such as
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL+
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences; ITIL Certification is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in business modeling, process modeling, data modeling, and effort/cost modeling and estimating; and exceptional Project Management skills
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is October 2, 2023. Apply now!