Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution companies in North America, with a growing focus on value-added processing. It carries on business in three segments: metals service centers, energy field stores and steel distributors. Its network of metals service centers carries an extensive line of metal products in a wide range of sizes, shapes and specifications, including carbon hot rolled and cold finished steel, pipe and tubular products, stainless steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous specialty metals. Its energy field stores carry a specialized product line focused on the needs of energy industry customers. Its steel distributors operations act as master distributors selling steel in large volumes to other steel service centers and large equipment manufacturers mainly on an "as is" basis.
Reasons to Join Our Team!
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Benefits Program
- Pension Plan
- Development and Growth Opportunities
- Various incentive and recognition programs
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative to work in our Halifax, NS branch. This is a full time, permanent position, working daytime hours.
- Grow the revenues and the profits in accordance to the business plan
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening relationships with key customers
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to continually improve upon sales results
- Effective communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand
- Identify slow moving products to establish targets for reduction
- Ensure that sales productivity continually improves
- Minimum two (2) years sales experience
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational stills
- Prior sales experience within the steel industry
- Previous purchasing experience
- Ability to read customers metal processing drawings
- Post secondary education in Marketing or Business Administration
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Russel Metals on Instagram :https://www.instagram.com/russelmetals/
Careers Page : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/careers/
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/russel-metals/about/
Russel Metals Website : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/