Are you passionate about education, administration, organization, social media, and managing people? Large Tutoring Inc. is run by a UBC Chemical & Biological Engineering graduate committed to bringing top-level STEM and humanities tutoring to families from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. We are looking for an individual who is capable of providing various kinds of support for the business.
Ideal candidate(s) would start immediately and work approximately 5-7 hours per week. Your time will be spent promoting the business through social media, designing website content (Blog Posts etc), and conducting administrative and business development duties that will help us prepare for growth. This position is ideal for a current student or someone wanting part-time employment in addition to another source of income.
In more detail, the successful candidate will assist our graphic designer in constructing the social media posting calendar and operate our social media accounts. Additionally, the candidate will develop content for the website with guidance from our graphic designer. Administrative and business development tasks will be focused on organizational components looking at long-term scale. While the candidate will primarily complete tasks such as invoicing and appointment bookings, they will also set up softwares that helps a small business grow. The candidate will have an opportunity in participating in entrepreneurship while also working to help it grow. We value the opinions of our employees and ideally will hire a candidate who is passionate about local, small businesses.
As the business continues to grow and become more profitable, this role may grow into a personal assistant role. The ideal candidate would be available to be in-person in Vancouver and help complete some personal tasks for the CEO that are not work related. This would be kept to a minimum.
Note: Preference will be given to individuals who are not currently in school.
-Technology set up and the initiative to work well remotely.
-High School Education (preference will be given to higher level educated candidates who express interest in pursuing business or education career paths).
-Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
-Proficiency and Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite
-Willingness to conduct a Police Information Check for the vulnerable sector as we work with vulnerable groups
-A strong sense of privacy and confidentiality when dealing with Client Personal Information
- Meet weekly with your supervisor and discuss updates daily through slack
- Make invoices for all of our students on behalf of the company
- Help manage and schedule lessons in software systems that the company is using
- Keep track of payments and outstanding balances on client’s profiles
- Maintain our scheduling system and ensure no student lessons are being missed.
- Be available to work Monday through Friday (preferably Sunday - Thursday) during non-traditional hours. Since many students have online school requirements, the work day may extend until 9:00 PM in the evening on weekdays (in this circumstance your workday would start in the afternoon) (we try to have a flexible schedule and let you set your own hours, as long as they are approved by the CEO).
- Create and maintain a system for tracking expenses.
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Other personal tasks as needed
- Update and Maintain our student roster’s weekly session, courses taken, and contact information.
- Market our sliding scale tutoring services via social media and help fill our student rosters.
- When needed, post new advertisements for students
- When needed, post job advertisements, conduct initial screenings and first interviews.
We look forward to hearing from you! We hope you bring passion, energy, enthusiasm, and fun to this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Secondary School (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-04-15