Title: Payroll Administrator
Reports to: Payroll Supervisor at Mucci Pac Ltd. (Kingsville)
Based at: Mucci Pac Ltd., Kingsville, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time, permanent, 5-days a week; and some additional hours which may include Saturdays, depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Processing and reconciling of 3 bi-weekly payrolls, government remittances and employee deductions including deductions under the SAWP and LMIA programs.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of General Ledger entries for payroll accounts and balancing payroll accounts within the accounting software along with Bookkeepers for each Farm.
- Review Priva files for accuracies and resolve discrepancies
- Track and enter sick calls, request for time off requests and vacation pay requests
- Complete EI, CPP and WSIB remittances for each payroll. Assist bookkeepers in resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare manual cheques for arrival and departure of migrant workers, advances, loans and vacation payouts.
- Complete ROE’s for all required employees
- Reconcile payroll deductions
- Complete year end reporting requirements including the preparation of T4's
- Prepare information for audits (CRA, social responsibility, Service Canada)
- Assist with employee payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with entering new employees profile information
- Maintaining employee files and HR filing system
- Act as back-up in regards to H.R. duties
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified payroll practitioner or HR diploma preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in payroll administration
- Knowledge of payroll related legislative requirements: Employment Standards, Income Tax Act, WSIB, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to reprioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with ADP, timekeeping systems, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent documentation, communication, computer and time management skills.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingsville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Payroll: 2 years (preferred)
- ADP: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person