Cognizant’s Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Java developer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
You must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- Ultimately, you’ll build highly responsive web applications that align with our client’s business needs related metadata management and data linage.
- Write effective, scalable code Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications Test and debug programs Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Creates customized applications for smaller tasks to enhance website capability based on business needs
- Builds table frames and forms and writes script within the browser to enhance site functionality
- Ensures web pages are functional across different browser types conducts tests to verify user functionality Verifies compliance with accessibility standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in the design, development of Java / J2EE and angular applications
- Experience with Java Spring boot, Angular, Any DB
- Experience working with AWS will be an addon.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 27 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.