Network Engineer (Full Time) - Brampton or Mississauga, ON
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
At Linde, every day is an opportunity: an opportunity to learn, to grow, to share success and to contribute to one of the world’s leading industrial gas and engineering companies. Seize the opportunity: take your next step with us and join our team.
Bilingual Network Engineer (Full Time) - Brampton or Mississauga, ON
This position is a key contributor of ensuring the Network team’s day-to-day operational responsibilities are met, while striving to continually improve efficiency, effectiveness, and security of network operations. Additionally, this role will provide direct support for project-based solutions and includes implementation / deployment of various data network technologies and services. This role will take responsibility for the day-to-day operations of network components for approximately 212 of sites in Canada.
- Provide technical support for the implementation and integration of products and services.
- Perform intermediate to complex troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- Seek and recommend alternative processes to improve service delivery to the customer cost effectively.
- Develop documentation that produces complete system requirements or specifications as appropriate.
- Effectively consult with customers on IT strategy, technology solutions and improvements
- Perform and coordinate incident diagnosis, corrective action, and root cause analysis.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Ensure the stable operation of the corporate enterprise network including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Conduct research and making recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Execute routine maintenance operations of systems monitoring and reporting, including usage, availability, other key performance indicators.
- Responsible for critical response for all related areas. Lead 24 x 7 responding to critical events and situations outside normal work hours on a rotational basis.
- Previous ISP or internet-based company experience highly desired.
- Expert level Cisco command line knowledge.
- Fluent knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Functional in Linux / Red Hat command line.
- Proficient in Managing infrastructure projects and knowledge of high-level infrastructure terms.
- Team player with strong work ethic and excellent documentation skills.
- Superior troubleshooting skills of routing & switching networks.
- CCNP or equivalent certification is preferred.
- PMP certification would put you at the top of the pile.
- 5+ years’ experience with network capacity planning and network security principles.
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Ability and willingness to travel (both air and road)
- Some minor lifting may be required, i.e. Network equipment (Routers, Switches & related hardware)
- Must be bilingual (French/English)
Linde has an extensive background check process which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background review, reference checks, employment and education verification.
Linde Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location Ontario-Mississauga
Other Locations Ontario-Brampton
Unposting Date Ongoing