Web Front End Engineer, Creators
Location of Work
Maple Ridge, BC, some remote work with permission
$54.81 CAD/hour with benefits including contributions to RRSP and extended health insurance
Full time, 40 hours a week, indeterminate
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
Job and Team Impact
As part of the Creators team, you will help shape the experience and interaction of VRchat users with the main website as well as lead in the improvement and development of the Creator Companion and Documentation sites, which are used by tens of thousands of Creators to manage their content and are integral to serving and improving the workflow of content creation for VRChat.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Creators team to develop, modify, integrate, and improve existing Creator Companion front end and test site related code, as well as develop and implement procedures for site revision where necessary.
- Monitor and maintain Creator documentation sites, ensuring functionality and taking ownership of the evolution of the sites.
- Liaise with existing Web engineering team to bring their best practices to the Creator team to help keep work aligned.
- Prototype, test, layout, and conduct UI/UX work to ensure quality of the user interface experiences and identify areas for improvement.
- Experiment with integrating web technologies into each step of VRChat creation journey (learning, world and avatar creation, metrics, promotion), and lead in the architecture and design of new feature integrations.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 8+ years of relevant experience with web front end development and web programming.
- Extensive experience with single-page web applications (especially with React).
- Demonstrable expertise in development using the Unity engine and Unity Editor Window & Tool Creation.
- Experience creating shaders for the Unity engine.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, or web design an asset.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining documentation sites.
- Experience delivering cross platform and responsive sites.
- Experience with ASP.NET.
- 2-D design experience.
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback.
- Experience working on an application which uses a web front-end like one built in Electron or Tauri.
Generous paid holiday schedule
Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
Paid parental leave benefits
To apply, please access the company site at: https://jobs.lever.co/vrchat. Any questions, please contact [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00-$114,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Stock options
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3J5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- web front end development and web programming: 8 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3J5
Application deadline: 2023-09-26