CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as an Business Analyst in a digital environment with a focus on SharePoint Online. As a member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Elicit business requirements, translating business requirements into system requirements, and act as a liaison between business and technical teams
- Lead the interaction with various business and technology stakeholders to gather, organize, and evaluate business requirements
- Create process flow diagrams, data requirements, traceability matrix as needed
- Support, configure, and monitor the SharePoint online instance
- Regular review, cleanup, management and configuration of SharePoint content and sites
- Participate in systems testing activities to test SharePoint Online sites or components as developed by the development team, and participate in UAT activities as needed
- Participate in the creation of design specifications, user manuals, release notes, end-user training materials and general system documentation
- Assist the development team in debugging and reproducing reported issues
- Complete assigned tasks (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities) and ensures timely completion of assigned work
- Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
- Lead, coach and mentor other members
- 100% adherence to CGI policies (Member Commitment to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Dress Code, Travel, Expenses, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 8+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst
- 2+ years of experience in working with Microsoft SharePoint “Classic” experience with a minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated experience with the SharePoint Online platform
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with the MS 365 environment and the interoperability between its applications, including MS Entra
- 2+ years of experience with Information Architecture, Information Management, Records Management
- 2+ years of experience in the implementation of SharePoint collaboration tools (forums/issue lists, document/form libraries, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in administering/creating sites, document libraries, lists and views; search and taxonomies and reporting functions
- 2+ years of experience in the architecture, configuration and security model of SharePoint
Nice to Have:
- Experience with API-led integration
- Experience with SaaS Implementations, Release planning and Project Management.
- Experience with traditional and agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience with data architecture and mapping the customers content into meta data
- Experience with SharePoint branding to include creating and editing graphics, master pages, SharePoint Design, and SharePoint workflows
- Experience working in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in retail banking and/or credit union space
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Required Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience