As North America’s largest and most respected produce distributor, FreshPoint is driven by strong corporate and community values. But most importantly, it is driven by the employees who uphold them. FreshPoint Inc. and its operating companies is a great place to find your professional and personal potential. Our mission is to help our customers succeed and to be the place where you can find your own success.
Directly reporting to the Food Safety Program Manager, the QA Supervisor will work closely with other department leaders to identify and evaluate Food Safety and Quality problems, provide recommendations and possible solutions to issues, and assist in carrying out new Food Safety initiatives within the company. The QA Supervisor will provide support to the Food Safety Program Manager on various projects and initiatives and provide holiday and weekend coverage as needed to help support operations.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in developing and maintaining the Food Safety and Quality Manual as required
- Responsible for assisting the QA Manager in the development and implementation of annual refresher training to all FreshPoint Associates on GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs, HACCP and SQF
- Provide assistance to the Food Safety Program Manager, where needed, to ensure efficient operations of the QA department
- Monitor and verify productions, process controls, major KPIs to ensure that the facility meets and exceeds all customer requirements and expectations
- Review new customer specifications and work closely with staff to ensure adherence to these requirements
- Conduct shelf life validation tests on new products or recipes and report findings to QA Manager and operations team for approval and proper implementation
- Proactively monitor implemented Food Safety initiatives to ensure its effectives and that pre-requisites are satisfied
- Handle customer complaints and liaise with internal/external stakeholders to rectify problems and implement immediate corrective actions necessary with consultation from Food Safety Program Manager
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in facilitating third party audits
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in reviewing and maintaining Food Safety and Quality records
- Maintenance records of non-conformance articles, documents, and records
- Conduct and report internal HACCP plan review and validation of CCPs to Food Safety Program Manager
- Provide coverage within the QA department as an additional QA Tech on the floor to conduct QA or QC tasks when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or related program
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance or Quality Control or Research & Development role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing or food distribution facility
- Knowledge or experience in BRC and/or SQF, preferably SQF practitioner certified.
- Previous HACCP training and ServeSafe certification considered an asset
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations and best practices including those from FDA, USDA and CFIA
- Solid computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal communications
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Weekend and holiday availability will be required as FreshPoint is a 7 day operations
**All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter when applying.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Work Location: In person