Wallop is actively seeking a seasoned Senior Developer, ready to drive pivotal website development initiatives under the guidance of our Lead Developer. We're looking for a strategic coder, eager to propel our development practices to the next level and infuse excellence within our team. In this role, you'll enhance our development strategies, foster best practices, and serve as a mentor to our team. You will empower your colleagues, sharing your wisdom to help them sharpen their skills and strive for professional growth.
As a Senior Developer, you'll also oversee the quality of our work, reviewing and approving code to ensure adherence to our stringent standards. You'll balance your individual development tasks with contributing to the quality of our collective output. If you're an experienced, self-sufficient developer with leadership acumen and a commitment to excellence, we invite you to help shape our digital hospitality projects.
As a cornerstone of this role, you'll contribute to our development team in building first-class web experiences, harnessing the power of cutting-edge web technologies from inception to launch. Collaborating closely with our production crew and designers, your task will be to build and execute on modular web builds. Your superior communication skills will be paramount in fostering a smooth exchange of feedback during our quality assurance checks.
You have a knack for time management, and you'll juggle deadlines and meet them with grace. This position extends beyond overseeing tasks; we’re looking for someone who is excited to work with our Lead Developer to cultivate the growth of our team. As a guiding force, you'll support and inspire your team, nurturing their skills and propelling their professional development journey.
On a day-to-day basis the Senior Developer will…
- Build website development projects from start to finish
- Mentor and provide support to the developer team
- Develop clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Present technical information to clients in an accessible manner
- Collaborate with the team on consistent website maintenance
- Perform thorough quality assurance checks and resolve arising issues
- Introduce new tools and concepts to enhance development processes
- Monitor and provide technical support for ongoing processes post-launch
- Handle key launch tasks, such as environment setup, speed testing, and security
Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in:
- Execute modular web builds employing WordPress
- Conduct responsive web development
- Perform cross-browser and device testing
- Utilize the command line and build tools (e.g. Git, NPM, Yarn)
- Work with REST APIs
- Experience in:
- Construct secure and scalable web applications
- Conduct rigorous code reviews
- Apply software design patterns
- Implement accessibility practices (WCAG, ADA)
- Adhere to SEO/SEM best practices
- Use productivity tools and software (Jira, Slack)
- Other skills:
- Exhibit strong teamwork skills, quick learning, multitasking, and autonomy
- Demonstrate comfort with remote work and establishing relationships through virtual communication
- Show excellent time management skills, including precise time estimation and logging
If you have a passion for travel, you’ve landed in the right place. We’re building a team to become the world's leading digital agency for experiential travel, unique properties, and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. Our ideal employees have an interest in and a desire to develop expertise around the niche we operate in. You’ll work with some of the most unique luxury travel products and destinations in the world. Your job will be to deliver digital services which bring these experiences to life.
As Wallop has moved to remote-working, applicants do not need to be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9 am–5:30 pm PST). For those who are keen to meet in real life, our WeWork office in downtown Vancouver is a great place to connect and collaborate with colleagues.
Not sure if you should apply?
We value diversity in our teams’ experience. Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race, and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. If you bring some of the relevant skills to the table but are still developing in others, please apply with us anyway. At Wallop, we believe that learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Additionally, if you have a disability and/or require accommodations in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in our hiring process for any reason, please let us know in your application.