Warehouse Associate (Aurora)
At Piramal Healthcare, we make life changing, lifesaving medications. We believe that by bringing the best-in-class talent on board—and providing cutting-edge growth and learning opportunities—we are creating a positive impact on patients, customers, and the communities we serve. Thus, we offer our employees an abundance of learning opportunities for their full potential to build upon.
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive compensation, which is reviewed annually
- Bonus program
- Excellent health and insurance benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension plan, tuition re-imbursement, referral program, and more.
We are looking to hire a reliable, detail-oriented Warehouse Associate to join our team responsible for shipping/receiving, sampling/issuing, distribution, and the storage of materials, supplies, and products in a safe and efficient manner. All in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), government regulations, and customer expectations. The Warehouse Associate is expected to work flexible shifts: continental 6am to 6pm/6pm to 6am, 3 shifts one week 4 shifts the next with every other weekend off and rotate days-to-nights every two weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with waste management procedures, such as: sorting waste, removing waste to designated areas, preparing solid waste containers for shipping, and monitoring the removal of liquid waste from the facility
- Complete waste-related documentation (e.g., batch sheet, manifest), according to internal procedures relevant to Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act legislation
- Receive raw materials, and process data on product contact and engineering materials into the SAP system
- Sample materials and products—by reviewing documentation, preparing the sampling and protective equipment, obtaining and submitting the sample to Lab Services for testing, under the direction of senior technicians
- Clean sampling tools and dispose of residual waste from the sampling operation
- Apply labels and lot numbers to identify materials for production, and complete the applicable documentation
- Verify, receive, unpack, and distribute general deliveries to designated locations
- Issue batches to production by reviewing control and material safety data sheets
- Select, weigh, and stage the required raw materials, intermediates, and final products, and complete the batch sheet documentation, under direction
- Monitor stock by checking storage areas and ensuring that containers are in good condition, properly stored, and rotated according to the First-to-Expire principle
- Perform and document inventory cycle counts of materials and products as part of the material management function
- Clean and wash the warehouse floor and wiping pallets, and document in the Cleaning Log
- Contribute to administrative tasks, such as equipment and personal protective equipment inspections, temperature recordings, and report documents
- Participate in opportunities to further develop industry-relevant warehousing knowledge, and share this knowledge with associates
- Actively pursue the completion of Level I training
- Comply with cGMP and safe operations practices.
Skills & Experience Required
- Secondary School Education
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience in a warehouse position, preferably in the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industry
- Skill and understanding in the handling of hazardous chemicals (WHMIS), and knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of how to operate drum clamps and forklift equipment
- Previous experience with SAP software
- E.H.S. Focus
- Ability to work within a warehouse environment (indoor/outdoor), with physical demands such as comfortably lifting up to 25 kg is mandatory.
Piramal Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during this time, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aurora, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person