- Inclusive and Diverse work environment!
- You will learn, challenge yourself and contribute to the success of thousands of customers.
- Compensation at Sysco begins with a competitive salary, employees who contribute to the success of the company through hard work, ideas, enthusiasm and results are rewarded during annual merit reviews.
- Flexible and comprehensive health and dental coverage that each associate may customize
- A competitive pension plan that is flexible to meet your retirement saving needs.
- Discount on food and related products
This position is responsible for the improvement of Sysco’s market share position and achieving financial growth by executing long-term strategic goals, prioritizing the use of advanced analytics and other forms of lead generation while leveraging Sysco’s Salesforce platform, and negotiating contracts to secure new business. By utilizing a team-selling approach, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will engage a cross-functional team to create a comprehensive strategy that meets the prospect’s needs. Leveraging these resources, the Business Development Manager fosters relationships with prospects and transitions these accounts to the sales force during onboarding.
· Deliver the agreed upon new business plan in alignment with the district and/or region’s financial goals
· Work with the regional sales leaders on the development of a comprehensive business development strategy
· Leverage advanced analytics insights to prioritize opportunities and develop business development strategy
· Responsible to prioritize intel opportunities being recommended by other sales team members (processed through Sysco Salesforce platform with leadership approval)
· Accountable to build creative and effective sales plan to capitalize on multi-segment opportunities identified by advanced analytics
· Leverage the expertise and skills of a cross-functional sales team to quickly address prospects’ unique concerns, build trust, and shorten sales cycles
· Coordinate the proposal process for local contracts that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
· Collaborate with sales team to expand business development efforts, including assisting other sales team members secure key accounts in efforts to achieve annual profit plan
· Review weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives and results for target accounts and prepare action plans where improvement is needed
· Gather information on emerging market and foodservice industry trends to understand the competitive landscape and top position Sysco for increased effectiveness in securing new business
· Develop strong working relationships with brokers, distributors, and foodservice industry peers
· Record data and activity on prospect accounts within Sysco Salesforce platform
· Identify opportunities for promotions, additional services, and distribution avenues that will lead to an increase in sales
· Present to and consult with senior level management on trends in the foodservice industry
· Attend sales meetings, food shows, customer events etc. and provide feedback
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of five (5+) years’ work experience in a sales role with a proven track record, experience in food services industry is an asset
· Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience, CPSA designation is preferred
· Solid analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
· Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
· Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
· Flexible; readily accepts change; open to new ideas
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
· Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams
· Ability to understand and manage compliance to contracts
· Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
· Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
· Business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
· Demonstrated experience with building trust with a prospective customer and securing new business
· Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
· Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle may be required.
· Travel approx. 80%
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road