Spartan Response is recruiting for Full & Part-time General Laborers to support our growing Industrial and Environmental Services to support Pre-Scheduled & 24/7 Emergency Response jobs at client sites.
Based out of our Hamilton office, our General Laborers are primarily responsible to support a variety of jobs associated with our Industrial Cleaning & Environmental service lines including support in our back shop and day-to-day operations.
Our ideal candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience in general labour, preferably in industrial or construction environments and, a valid G License with proven clean drivers abstract.
Core Duties Include:
- Perform physical labor tasks, such as digging, lifting, scraping and carrying materials
- Operate hand tools and power equipment as required
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of work areas
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Collaborate with team members to complete assigned tasks efficiently
-General back shop support for fleet and equipment cleaning, maintenance, repair including assisting with ops/PPE inventory counts and keeping the back shop clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a labor-intensive role preferred
- Ability to lift heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power equipment operation
-Strong organizational skills (paperwork, taking direction)
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly rate of $19.20-$22/hr based on experience + Overtime Pay -Living Out Allowance (LOA) for out-of-town/overnight work assignments.
-Training & PPE Provided (except Steel-Toed Boots)
License & Certifications
- G-License. Must submit a clean drivers abstract (required to drive company fleet). -Spartan provides valuable training, but any candidate who brings any of the following certifications is a bonus: Forklift, WHMIS, Lock-out/Tag-Out, Working at Heights).
About Spartan Response
To learn more about our company, visit: www.spartanresponse.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Salary: $19.50-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8E 3C3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class G Licence (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person