EnviroWay is a subsidiary of EnviroWay Detergent Manufacturing Inc. which specializes in manufacturing, distribution, sales, of detergents and cleaning chemicals. We are based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Enviroway is a Green cleaning solution company working with communities and business owners to clean their world. Selling products for janitorial, safety, water, waste water treatment, and residential cleaning. Enviroway is a pioneer in utilizing biotechnology to resolve wastewater management concerns. This is a hands on position (not a laboratory position) producing liquid and/or powder detergents and cleaners. The Chemical Technologist/Batch Maker position requires a good knowledge of chemistry, proactive attitude, attention to quality and safety and good physical condition able to lift 50lbs.
Mix various chemicals efficiently to meet quality standards
- Monitor and evaluate assembly lines performance to increase the productivity
- Aim for zero wastage
- Ensure clean and safe environment
Job duties and Responsibilities:
Able to identify and mix various chemicals to finish the end product
- Must be able to follow clear instructions and chemical measurements to produce the end product.
- Manage assembly lines and monitor efficiency on daily basis
- Ensure production employees are properly oriented and trained on assembly lines.
- Understand and support company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
- Maintain and monitor plant equipment and provide assistance to fix errors
- Must avoid any potential delays in the plant operations by consistently maintaining quality and efficiency standards
- Maintain and improve consistent business activities by using various communication platforms.
Key Competencies and skills required for this position:
Knowledge of various chemicals
- Time management
- Task oriented
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting (up to 75lbs) using safe lifting methods
Education and work experience:
Must have a high school diploma
- University or college degree/diploma in chemistry, Chem Tech or assembly technician would be considered as an asset.
- Prior experience in leading a team in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Preference is given to candidate who has experience dealing with assembly machinery and background in chemistry
***This is a physical demanding job. Candidate must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 LBS***