Visual-Eyes is a leading practice management software for the eye care industry in Canada. We have been in business over 25 years and are looking for a new Software Tester to join our Red Deer team. Our Core Purpose is to be "Partners in the journey to success" with our clients and what we do best is to "Streamline Business Processes".
As a member of the Quality Assurance team, the Software Tester’s primary focus is to ensure our web products and applications are thoroughly tested, documented and demonstrated prior to release. To ensure our customers have a positive software experience the agent will functionally test as the application is developed and build upon our existing regression testing.
A secondary focus of the quality assurance agent includes supporting our beta clinics, customer support, and internal teams. You will be aiding our technical support team to track down solutions to difficult and complex problems that relate to the software. The agent will need to be the point of contact when updating a client's version and have a rapport with the beta tester on feedback on the potential final product. Trainers and Developers will need the assistance of the QA agent to perform data comparisons and running SQL scripts to ensure information is properly imported into our database format.
Quality assurance agents will be expected to keep active in the testing community to ensure they are acquainted with testing best practices.
- Lead QA Analyst
- Product Owners
- Application/Web Development Teams
- Product Support Team
- Practice Consultants
- Client Vendors
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Strictly adheres to Agile Testing methodologies.
- Functionally tests all user stories passed by developers throughout the development process.
- Provide constructive feedback, upholding integrity and quality of product.
- Review backlog for any items that require testing to ensure validity.
- Maintain customer relations with our alpha clinics.
- Communicate with Product Owners and/or developers for clarifications.
- Discuss changes with Product Owners, Developers and Testers to ensure intended use of product.
- Document changes completed within each release.
- Demonstrate new functionalities to internal team.
- Receive and process defects from various sources including internal systems, customer service team, and training team.
- Keep internal and external tracking systems up to date.
- Help maintain regression and run tests for our application based products (Testcomplete). There will be less focus on this initially for this position.
Technical Support/Trainer Support: 25 - 40%
- Data Comparisons between legacy systems and ours.
- Support others in investigating application related issues.
- Installation/Update of SOTH products.
- Write/run scripts as needed to support client and internal staff.
- Document work in case management system (JIRA and Zoho CRM).
- Cover for staff shortages, following established customer service procedures.
Other: 5 - 10%
- Stay current on email correspondence.
- Provide internal training to staff.
- Perform a variety of other projects and assignments as required.
- Logs testing time in JIRA.
- Provide functional testing results within 48hrs to Developers.
- Communicate with internal teams on current development priorities, facilitating transparency.
- Address any backlog tickets within our ticketing system marked as “Requires Testing”.
- University Degree or Diploma (Education from any department will be considered.)
- Agile Methodologies
- Smartbear products (Testcomplete)
- Functional testing
- Phone support experience
- Zoho CRM
- Experience is not required; new university grads are welcome. We are willing to train!
Competencies (skills, abilities, knowledge):
- High Attention to Detail
- Good Attitude and Work Ethic
- Communication - Verbal and Written
- Logical Analytic Skills
- Problem Solving/Troubleshooting
- Technical - Computer/Development Skills
- Phone Etiquette/Professionalism
- Organizational Skills
- Prioritization Skills
- ODBC, Firebird SQL, Delphi Script
- Office Setting
- Located in Red Deer, Alberta so relocation would be required
What do we offer? An exciting career opportunity, full health benefits, Group RRSP's, monthly fun staff events, a relaxed corporate atmosphere (you can wear jeans to work), and the chance to work with a group of crazy talented people who are driven to do what's best for our clients.
To learn more about us, please visit us at: www.visual-eyes.ca
*We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
**We have a scent free office..
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,085.00-$49,137.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Red Deer, AB T4P 1A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- software testing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person