Connective is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide support to residents in a home-like environment in one of our many housing programs. You will work to enhance residents' quality of life, maintain the goals of their counselling and/or rehabilitative programs, and ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility.
Mornings (08:00 – 16:00)
Evenings (16:00 – 00:00)
Overnights (00:00 – 08:00)
Casual employees must be available for at least 21 shifts per month in which seven are overnight shifts. If you are working full-time, or if you are a full-time student, we ask you for 15 shifts of availability per month in which five are overnight shifts (this is subject to employer or enrollment proof).
These positions require the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs.
- Provides input to the Program Manager and/or other staff regarding the development of appropriate care plans to achieve residents’ objectives
- Ensures residents follow the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility
- Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families
- When assigned, participates in social, recreational, employment, educational and other programs as appropriate to assist residents’ case/care plans
- Acts as a positive role model for residents, providing life skills training and behaviour management as appropriate
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Diploma in Social Services and one-year relevant experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
- Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
- Autism experience
- A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
The physical requirements outlined below are non-specific to the position, as such, there may be additional tasks required. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities through our accommodation process.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform First Aid, CPR, and Naloxone administration
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete general housekeeping duties (i.e., sweeping, mopping, wiping areas, laundry, changing light bulbs)
- Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
- Ability to successfully pass a reference check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
As Connective is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $25.05 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of vacation pay and benefits (for casual employees). The wage will increase with every 2,000 hours worked up to a maximum of $28.75 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
- Access to On-Demand Pay to withdraw earned wages before payday
- Connective is part of a portability program where employees moving from a CSSEA-member employer to Connective will port their service hours for vacation and wage purposes (within last 12 months)
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.