Siemens Battery Accelerator is looking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer to contribute to the creation and optimization of multi-petabyte scale real-time data solutions, working with control, sensor, and image data collected from manufacturing floors at battery gigafactories.
This is a hybrid role based out of our newly established office in Kitchener, ON.
What you will do:
- Design and implement scalable, event-driven, containerized data pipelines for real-time ingestion, transformation, and analysis.
- Optimize for extreme throughput and volume using distributed computing and storage frameworks and cloud native technologies.
- Develop middleware and APIs for robust data communication between services.
- Implement DataOps tools, including data-specific CI/CD pipelines and processes.
- Maintain data security aligned with industry standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Mentor junior data engineers for continuous skill and process improvement.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years in Data or Software Engineering.
- Extensive experience designing and developing real-time data processing solutions using various stream processing tools and technologies.
- Deep practical and theoretical understanding of distributed systems and high-availability architectures.
- Strong grasp of data modelling across multiple storage paradigms, including NoSQL systems.
Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and processes.
- Expertise in Python, Golang, or C/C++.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with WebSocket, gRPC, and MQTT protocols.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Proficiency with Golang.
About Siemens Battery Accelerator:
We are a global network of teams comprised of researchers, engineers, and technologists. With a passion for sustainability, we work collectively to revolutionize all aspects of battery development, including design, manufacturing, and recycling, to enable the rapid transition of our grid and mobility systems to renewable energies. Our team in Canada is responsible for building state-of-the-art IIoT platforms and global-scale data systems that serve our partnering gigafactories worldwide, as well as our internal teams of experts.
Shape the future with us:
We encourage the sharing of innovative ideas, and champion the people behind them.
We seek individuals driven by both skill and ingenuity, capable of navigating an ever-evolving landscape of challenges, customer demands, and interdisciplinary inquiries. Fueled by a culture of curiosity, we are committed to revolutionizing the future of work. Join our collective endeavor to impact lives globally through cutting-edge technology and transformative ideas.
About Siemens Canada:
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. We are a technology leader, providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We set the benchmark in transforming the world around us by innovating in the way we electrify, automate, and digitize. Ingenuity propels us forward, and the fruits of our collaboration define what truly matters to us.
Making a difference together, we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, supporting over 38 non-profit organizations and driving sustainability in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across the country. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together!
Why you will love working at Siemens:
- Enjoy a Flexible Work Environment with Career Advancement Opportunities: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces, while also advancing your career through local and global mentorship programs.
- Solve Significant and Impactful Problems in Technology Innovation: Be a part of exciting, innovative projects aimed at addressing the world’s most significant issues, all within an engaging, challenging, and rapidly evolving, cutting-edge technological environment.
- Comprehensive Rewards & Benefits Package: Enjoy our competitive total rewards package which includes profit sharing, flexible vacation policies with the option to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle, and opportunities to be compensated for your innovative ideas. Additional perks and discounts are also part of the package.
- Partake in Social Initiatives in a Diverse and Inclusive Environment: Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on improving access to education, technology, and sustainable communities. Make a positive impact and thrive in our diverse and inclusive work environment.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023, and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.