APM MacLean Construction is an Island owned business of construction experience. The company covers the entire construction industry from design to turn-key completion in the industrial, commercial, and pre-engineered metal building areas.
APM MacLean Construction would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity: Intermediate Accountant.
The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for providing full cycle financial, administrative, and clerical services to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position is unique in that it works with the APM MacLean Group Accounting Department. The incumbent will develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Accounting Department and Business Managers.
Accounts Receivable (AR)
· Prepare and submit monthly AR billings and maintain aged AR listings.
· Ensure change orders and extras are billed in a timely manner.
· Follow up on outstanding AR billings.
Accounts Payable (AP)
· Ensure AP invoices are received, properly reviewed for approval, coded and posted.
· Prepare AP cheque runs and reconcile monthly statements.
· Obtain updated WCB clearance letters, Certificates of Insurance, and Statutory Declarations (when required per the contract).
· Reconcile and close out completed projects in Jonas Software with management approval, including holdback reconciliation and disbursements.
· Review outstanding Purchase Order commitments and make necessary adjustments to record job costs as required.
· Prepare and maintain cash flow statements.
· Prepare various reconciliations, such as:
o Daily bank reconciliation
o Intercompany accounts
o Prepaid Expenses
· Prepare monthly GST/HST remittance and payment.
· May assist with developing, implementing and monitoring internal controls.
· Complete Year End adjustments and prepare preliminary statements for Management.
· General duties as required.
· Travel may be required (short distance).
· Cross train as vacation backup for various positions through the company.
· Minimum Completion of an Accounting Diploma (minimum 2-year program)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in Full-Cycle Accounting
· Jonas software experience an asset
· Ability to problem solve, prioritize and manage time effectively while maintaining strong attention to detail
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for this position is between $20 to $22 per hour, based on a 38-hour work week.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with APM MacLean Construction, please forward a professional resume with covering letter by September 29th, 2023.
APM MacLean Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $13.70-$28.76 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person