Reporting to the Chief Culture and People Officer, this position is responsible for talent acquisition within the company and to help build training plans to support our new recruits and grow our current Associates. Our objective is to establish ourselves as “The Employer of Choice”.
To achieve this goal, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will:
- Use various channels and platforms to actively search and engage with potential candidates, such as job boards, social media, professional networks, local community centers, government agencies that employ newcomers to Canada, government programs and online databases.
- Build and maintain talent pipelines by researching, contacting, and promoting our brand to colleges/universities, industry associations, community centers, social media, internet research, networking, employee referrals and representing the company at recruitment fairs and other related events.
- Maintain and develop a database of passive and active candidates to ensure a steady supply of potential hires for current and future job openings.
- Manage the website posting process and all other on-line job boards (LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.).
- Prime liaison with recruitment agencies.
- Prime Liaison with Government agencies and LMIA applications
- Stay informed on market intelligence and industry trends. Keep abreast of new sourcing techniques and opportunities.
- Consult with Operations, District Managers and Store Managers to understand and develop position requirements.
- Consult with department heads on what salaries are appropriate for open positions and which benefits and amenities to highlight to entice candidates to apply with a company.
- Oversee the entire recruitment and selection process from: Creating job advertisements and job postings, Holding preliminary interviews on the phone or in-person, Hire recommendations (prescreening to identify “fit” and aptitude, Develop appropriate offer package to include contract agreement and new hire package.
- Oversee the Life Cycle of the Associate (Onboarding, Training, Milestones, Performance, Exit).
- Analyze Recruitment and Retention and generate cost/benefit analysis to support the end to end recruitment process.
- Analyze and report on recruitment metrics including sourcing channel effectiveness and time to fill, to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with department heads to create, organize, plan, and present various forms of training programs for: (Orientation, Health & Safety, Management and Leadership Growth, Skills Training (Sewing and Service)
- Produce procedural manuals, guides, and online course materials.
- Monitor and Follow up on training completion and grades.
- Ability to evaluate training programs success and adapt as needed
HR Generalist tasks may be required from time to time
- Setting up new hire files and entering new hire information into the HRIS
- Other duties as necessary
- Must have a post secondary education with a focus on Business or Human Resources
- Good understanding of relevant employment legislation and behavioural-based interview techniques.
- 5+ years of experience in a recruitment specialist role working in a high growth environment, including sourcing, full cycle recruitment, and building and maintaining talent pipelines.
- Will have demonstrated skills such as project management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (strong verbal and written).
- Experience in recruiting for multiple locations preferred.
- Excellent understanding of provincial law, regulations, and best practices.
- Strong sense of urgency; an innovator, ability to work under pressure to fill positions
- Highly proficient with office automation tools (MS Office) as well as the Internet and various databases (ADP and Wordpress an asset), Familiarity with social media
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to make presentations to large groups of applicants and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of the products or services the business provides and the industry the company works in - Clothing Alterations
- Experience with LMIA applications an asset.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to develop your career as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, please send E-mail: [email protected] - Subject: Talent Acquisition Specialist
We thank you for your application, only qualified candidates will be called for an interview.
Stitch It is committed to providing accommodations in the application and recruitment process. Please contact us if you require accommodation in the application process or need job postings in an alternative format.
Stitch It is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Recruiting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burlington, ON