Do you genuinely enjoy helping clients find exactly what they need and want? If so, then we need your customer services skills to provide information and front line service to clients by responding to inquiries related to a variety of services, programs, and initiatives administered by our branch.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- Respond factually to inquiries related to environmental assessments, pesticides licencing and approvals processes
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Enter relevant information to the branch database and ensure it is up to date
- Develop presentation packages for client groups
- Assist in activities to administer the pesticides licensing program
- Ensure confidentiality of information under privacy legislation
- You must possess oral and written French language skills at the advanced level. Your proficiency level will be confirmed before hire.
- You can apply records management practices for both hard copy and computerized records
- You can interpret and apply relevant sections of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection legislation, environmental legislation (e.g. Environmental Protection Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Environmental Bill of Rights, Pesticides Act) and related policies, guidelines and standards
- You know how to establish good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- You demonstrate strong judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult clients and requests for information that are sensitive in nature
- You know how to obtain and analyze information in order to provide the appropriate information or response to an inquiry
- You respond to clients in a timely and reliable fashion
- You can communicate in a clear manner to a variety of audiences
- You deliver simple presentations to a broad range of client groups
- You can prepare a variety of written materials such as letters, emails, and routine correspondence
- You know how to use computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- You know database systems and back-up procedures to maintain backup records