At Saje Natural Wellness, our mission is to connect people with the healing power of plants so that everyone can live their life to the fullest, naturally.
Since 1992, we’ve been committed to creating 100% natural products that are rooted in function and designed to help people tune into their personal wellness. And just like nature, we’re continually growing!
We’re on the lookout for top talent to join our team; in our stores, offices and distribution centres. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility in working styles and a commitment to professional growth and personal wellness supported by a generous Team Member discount on our products.
Interested in learning more? Apply today!
Reporting to the Sr. Digital Product Manager, the Frontend Developer is responsible for supporting the ideation, solutioning and implementation of the Saje website enhancements as well as maintaining and optimizing existing projects for Saje.com/Saje.ca. The Frontend Developer will focus on building the best customer experience online with our eCommerce team.
The ideal candidate values integrity and is a proponent of new technology and methodology. The Frontend Developer needs to be not only tech savvy, but also a people-person who is approachable. The ideal candidate will take ownership, show initiative and is performance driven.
All Saje Team Members are responsible for contributing to Saje’s culture and maintaining a positive environment for themselves and their peers.
- Provide technical support within an agile, cross-functional team to deliver compelling digital products and services while continuously incorporating feedback to refine and improve site features
- Support development of Saje eCommerce website features through the design, writing, QA and deployment of high-quality, scalable code that delivers value to our customers.
- Translate project goals and product roadmaps into organized technical tasks
- Collaborate with team members on providing modern cost-effective solutions to business needs
- Own the entire lifecycle of frontend eCommerce technology from identifying and evaluating new solutions to releasing production-ready, scalable products
- Contribute to the long-term eCommerce strategy by conducting research, sharing new capabilities and industry best practices with colleagues, and supporting data-led proof-of-concept pilots
- Collaborate with UX to proactively audit the website to identify enhancements and technical solutions that drive improvements to our core website KPIs
- Provide technical perspective on development of digital solutions that complement long term vision of platform advising on technical abilities/limitations, while maintaining standards for performance, reliability, quality, and security
- Develop and collaborate on content management workflows and functionality that allows other teams to deploy content quickly across multiple geographies and languages
- Support the organic ranking of our websites through implementation of SEO best practices and strategy in how new features are coded
- Execute work detailed in agile sprints on time and with excellence
- Create and maintain supporting documentation
- Commit to continuous learning of Shopify platform and staying on pace with latest developments and opportunities for how to move the business forward
- Provide support to other developers (internal and external), helping to improve processes and positively contribute to deliverables
- Shape Saje’s culture, and the team’s, through continuous improvement, streamlining processes, and working productively across department boundaries
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, software & systems design, engineering or commensurate experience.
- 3 years advanced knowledge and experience in development using popular tools, servers, and technologies needed for professional eCommerce environments.
- Experience with the implementation and integration with ad networks (GTM experience a plus)
- Experience in UX/UI, API integration, performance/speed optimization, SEO optimization an asset.
- Familiarity developing for mobile web devices and responsive design
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Familiarity with modern web development tools including: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Github Actions
- Ability to communicate status/problems to team members and non-technical managers effectively.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Product Manager