Payroll Systems Processor
BC Clinical & Support Services
Under the direction of the Administrator, Payroll Processing, the Payroll Systems Processor performs various processing functions by conducting a series of established procedures for quality control checks to verify and update information on the payroll database systems. The Payroll Systems Processor provides support to users of the payroll systems and performs duties related to the preparation and processing of payroll and leave of absence information such as entering data into electronic payroll systems, processing manual cheques, processing mass employee retroactive or arrears earnings, payroll deductions, leave of absence hours and service and leave plan adjustments. The Payroll Systems Processor responds to internal and external inquiries relevant to the processing of time and payroll data.
What you’ll do
- Performs quality control checks on payroll data prior to pay period cutoff to identify data entry errors in employee data. Updates payroll data or directs required corrections to appropriate support teams for correction prior to pay period end processing.
- Performs extracts (daily and bi-weekly) from multiple timekeeping systems and runs error validation reports. Checks and corrects payroll errors (such as mapping errors) and distributes reports to appropriate Timekeeping, Staffing or Customer Service Teams for timekeeping input, error corrections or follow up.
- Performs comprehensive quality control checks for accuracy on the timekeeping extract data and payroll system data by performing tasks such as running a series of established reports, checking and correcting identified errors by comparing input data to information provided by Human Resources and to established policies, procedures and standards. Generates data reports for time entry system and payroll system data and submits the verified information to the Administrator, Payroll Processing for approval. Uploads approved time entry and payroll system data files to the payroll system as directed. Refers problems and unresolved issues to the Administrator, Payroll Processing.
- Runs, prepares and distributes verified payroll reports for Finance and other related departments for pay periods and generates upload files and cheques within required deadlines. Verifies completion of pay cycle processing and submits verified processing checklist to the Administrator, Payroll Processing for approval and signoff.
- Performs off cycle pay processing as scheduled for employee retroactive or arrears earnings, payroll deductions, benefits leave of absence hours, service and leave plan adjustments based on the input of the Customer Service Teams. Coordinates performance and completion of off cycle processing with Customer Service Advisors and communicates results to the Customer Service Teams. Generates deposit files and cheques for approval by Manager, Payroll Administration.
- Under the direction of the Administrator, Payroll Processing assists with user acceptance testing following test cases of a variety of system changes including improvements to operating procedures, contractual changes and compliance with government agency requirements by running processes in a test database to ensure that the expected results have been achieved. Issues and results of testing are referred to the Administrator, Payroll Processing for analysis and approval for migration to production.
- In coordination with the Administrator, Payroll Processing assists with the development, implementation and deployment of new or revised processes including the documentation and updating of processing procedure documents and manuals as requested. Assists the Administrator, Payroll Processing with ensuring procedure documents are detailed and accurate for submission to Manager, Payroll Administration for approval.
- Generates electronic payroll data files for bank deposits and Canada Savings Bonds for review and approval by the Manager, Payroll Administration and Manager, Payroll Processing. Exports approved data files to external systems within required deadlines.
- Answers inquiries related to payroll information by performing tasks such as confirmation of information on pay period dates, the distribution of cheques and system setups for earnings codes, leave balances, deductions and benefits. Refers unresolved issues to the Manager, Payroll Processing.
- Responds to queries from timekeeping departments on issues such as coding by providing explanations as to how the time entry system is interfaced with the payroll system. Refers unresolved issues to the Administrator, Payroll Processing.
- Assists with orientation of staff on time entry system interfaces payroll system processes and changes resulting from system updates.
- Responds to queries on questions such as data variances relating to payroll processes by performing tasks such as reviewing data on the payroll system to provide background information and communicating information either verbally or through the electronic transfer of relevant database information.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12 successful completion of a recognized payroll course and three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Part-time
Wage: $28.74 / Hour
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 0800-1600/1030-1830/1230-2030/1400-2200 (Thursday-Monday)
Requisition # 153090E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 5, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at [email protected]
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.