Job purpose: The Lumber Salesperson is responsible for providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers; advising them on appropriate merchandise and related items. Their duties include being familiar with pricing, margins, markups, local building codes, types of building permits issued, preparing quotations, as well as a variety of other related duties. The Lumber Salesperson must perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to achieve sales profitability.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide all customers with superior customer service by demonstrating and advising on the features and benefits of products.
- Be familiar with pricing, margin, markups, local building codes, etc.
- Maintain and develop relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Process sales
- Process special and regular orders
- Increase profitable annual sales by cross and associate selling
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of both the sales floor
- Attend all training sessions to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Follow and participate in health and safety policies
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person