The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
Reporting to the Business Systems Supervisor, this position is responsible for the implementation of a new records management software for Protective Services. Working with the vendor and project team, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the software, migration of data from existing systems, and creation of reference and training materials.
This is an on-site position of up to one-year in length, working approximately 17 hours per week.
Under the supervision and mentorship of the Business Systems Supervisor, responsibilities will include:
- Build effective working relationships with project team, vendor, technical staff, and end users.
- Work closely with project team, subject matter experts, and other key stakeholders to deliver on time, within budget and meeting business expectations.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication between project team members, stakeholders, and business.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business processes, liaising with subject matter experts and vendor to gain productive use of application.
- Interpret and document business processes.
- Identify and document functional requirements.
- Work with project team, business, and vendor to develop methods to utilize applications effectively and efficiently.
- Document application setup, configuration, security, roles, processes, and data flows.
- Provide functional support during project implementation.
- Resolve implementation issues.
- Identify risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Identify and document business requirements for data standards and ongoing data management.
- Lead the activities associated with data migration, including data cleanup, mass uploads of data, and data validation.
- Configure reports and dashboards based on user-specified requirements.
- Create customized screens and forms based on user-specified requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of the new system with the current dispatch system.
- Test the system configuration from a user perspective to identify software issues.
- Lead user acceptance testing, track issues, provide status reports, and gain signoff on user acceptance.
- Create training materials and deliver formal and ad hoc training.
- Develop support documents and user guides.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Post-secondary degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years related experience including project management and business analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning abilities.
- Experience facilitating workshops and leading BA initiatives.
- Experience facilitating User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with data migration and data validation.
- Knowledge of ICO Fire RMS an asset.
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0123-0115.