The Fortinet team is currently looking for a Web Developer to join our R&D team in our Burnaby location. You are customer focused and enjoy creating features that improve the lives of users.
- Implement and maintain web-based user interfaces for Fortinet portals and management products
- Monitors and analyzes the performance and security of our web system, server and network
- Collaborate with development teams to create easy to use and powerful web applications
- Promote best practices within the team and organization
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience with Linux, web server, and database server
- Ability to optimize web interfaces for performance without sacrificing usability
- Security awareness for some common web security vulnerabilities and penetration testing
- Experience using source control software (SVN, git)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
- Be comfortable and confident to learn a new technology in a reasonable amount of time
- Familiar with some DevOps related technologies are a plus (such as Jenkins and Docker)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
The Canada base salary range for this full-time position is expected to be between $50,000 - $75,000 annually. Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labour market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate’s subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, and experience.
Fortinet strives to provide you and your family with a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits eligibility starts on your first day of hire and comprises of 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, including a Health Spending Account and a Personal Spending Account that gives you flexibility to spend where you need it the most. Our Employee & Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers you and your family access to various services like counseling, legal advice, mental health resources etc. We also provide critical illness, disability, and life insurance, as well as a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match to help you save faster for retirement. We offer competitive Paid Time Off and flexible leave policies, including paid health days, to help you take care of yourself and your family members.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program. Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.