PROJECT CENTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
Project Center Sales Representatives are sales professionals that partner with customers to fully understand their needs and assist in planning construction and renovation projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, project sales representatives can make recommendations which solve customers’ problems. It is fast-paced and engaging work, and it is extremely rewarding when customers give you with the sale because of your hard work.
For this position you will receive a base salary plus uncapped commission following a probationary period
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge
- Clarify and understand customers’ needs and take them to the best solution(s) for their projects.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions
- Take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual sales targets
- Produces quotes, material lists and follows up
- Demonstrate high standards of safety and customer service
- Resolving customer challenges quickly and efficiently.
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
- A strong foundation in Sales and customer service
- Problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and team player
- Confident, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
- Organized, can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and sales objectives
- Microsoft Office skills and willingness to learn new software programs
- A knowledge of building materials and the construction process would be considered an asset
- Able to quickly develop a trusting relationship with new customers, and build rapport with existing customers by providing quality customer service and maintaining service standards
- Strong verbal and written communication (bilingual would be considered an asset French/English)
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, respect and value the perspectives and contributions of our employees regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, nationality, and physical ability.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodations, please let us know.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.