At Wolseley Canada, our leading-edge is the knowledge and insight found in every corner of our organization. Here, you’ll build strong relationships and support critical industries that touch the lives of Canadians. Every day, we show up with intention and pride; in ourselves, our associates, and our customers. You’ll have a solid foundation to try new things, uncover new possibilities, challenge yourself, and grow your career. Does this sound like somewhere you’d like to be?
Wolseley Canada is the leading wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial products in the country and working here means, a network of possibilities, a place you are valued and a higher standard.
Join the Pros!
Our Inside Sales position is a crucial member of our team. They have the privilege of building strong relationships with each customer and are the primary contact for placing orders for delivery. They work closely with our Outside Team and Warehouse team to ensure deliveries are both executed and communicated properly to everyone involved in the shipping process.
What’s in it for you?
- Full health care benefits starting day one.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package.
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- Responsible for completing the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; sourcing of additional products; and generating sales orders.
- Enter quotations and orders into the system with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Provide customers with accurate pricing, inventory, and specific delivery information.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers by phone or email with the intention of cultivating additional business.
- Prepare quotations and process orders on behalf of outside sales staff.
- Respond to customers’ requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Achieve sales targets and objectives as set out by Management by promoting and or upselling products.
- Adhere to company safety policies and regulations
- As the first point of contact you will be required to offer prompt product knowledge and information to customers in a professional manner
- Respond to customers in a timely manner in person, by phone or email
- Prepare small order quotations on urgent contracting jobs
- Pick customer orders from warehouse
- Perform necessary product research in catalogues and online
- Verify all items are available for the customer as ordered and scheduled
- Responsible for building positive relationships with customers and associates
- Take initiative to maintain stock of the counter area as needed
What you will bring:
- Previous Inside Sales related industry (Plumbing & HVAC/R) experience is preferred
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office required, knowledge of AS400 system would be an asset.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking on a regular basis
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months if other new and exciting opportunities arise that match your skills and qualifications.
Please note: This position requires the result of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Department store
- Specialty store
- Sales: 1 year (required)
- Plumbing & HVAC Product: 1 year (preferred)
- AS400: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person