At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want
to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be
part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be
part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as
adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Developer - Junior
Developer Reference Number: 117751
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2023/06/08
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high-quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and
dependable, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for a Developer to join our applications teams. In this position, you will take
on the integral role of leading the enhancement and maintenance of the online tools our teams, partners and customers use on
a daily basis. You will have a chance to use your expert skills in the areas of web and mobile friendly development, testing and
As a Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Coding and unit testing in support of minor enhancements and internal improvement initiatives.
- Providing technical expertise while managing components of work for the design, configuration, development, and delivery of
- Investigation and resolution of production problems related to the applications.
- Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, projects and action requests in response to requests from
Business Systems Analysts or Team Leads.
- Develop automation methods, identify performance and system capacity requirements, and implement development tools to
gain efficiencies with application development and operational support.
This position will require someone who has 2+ years of relevant hands-on experience or a combination of relevant
post-secondary education in computer science and related business experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following
- Hands-on experience in Java/C#/C++, SQL/Oracle, XML, JSON, web development, version control tools (e.g. GitLab, SVN).
- Hands on experience with unit testing/functional testing and application debugging techniques.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture concepts including REST & web services, queues, sync/async
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, or other software development best practices preferable.
- Able to understand functional/non-functional requirements.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and
- Experience with React, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Outsystems, web application development or Delphi would be an asset.
What we offer :
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Hybrid of On-site and Working from Home: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in
balancing their career and family commitments.
- Hybrid Work: 2days from the office and 3 days from home.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.