We are looking for a sales representative to aid in the operations of our retail sales. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships with stores in the Okanagan's grocery as well as gas & convenience banners. The day-to-day operations of this position would consist of auditing, merchandising, selling of various products to these customers, and building in-store displays. The candidate will carry out account-specific marketing plans in an assigned territory and collaborate with the sales team to initiate effective retail strategies.
This role is on a contract term of 4 months. Permanent roles will be considered upon request at the end of the contract term.
· Service existing accounts by fulfilling a daily work schedule of store calls at which you will perform in-store audits, merchandising and reporting duties.
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, distribution, and promotion
· Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly work plans, store audits, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
· Upsell managers on products to win new shelf space for our brands
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
· A working cell phone or tablet capable of running our software provider's app
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to learn new software tools to be used in day-to-day operations
· Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
· Detail-oriented and customer-centric
· Ability to work independently
· Keen interest in food & beverage brands and the evolving landscape of consumer’s eating habits and preferences
· $20-24/hr depending on candidate experience in sales and merchandising
· Mileage compensation
Murray Market National is a sales, marketing, and logistics organization in the CPG industry, with operations across Canada. Our commitment is to provide a one-stop shop for a brand’s needs in the Canadian market. We take brands to the next level by connecting that vital link between brands, retailers, and consumers. We do so by developing marketing and distribution strategies that build a strong presence in various retail channels across Canada.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Phone/Tablet to use required app for work (required)
- Driver's License and reliable vehicle (required)
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-10-15