At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We are proud to operate three non-profit long-term care homes where our employees make a meaningful contribution on the lives of the residents by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also recognized as a Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight organization.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
Posting ID: 2330
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Services for Seniors
Pay Range: $28.56 - $29.99
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 16 hours per week
Work Location: Allendale Long Term Care Facility - 185 Ontario Street, Milton
Employee Group: OPSEU LTC
Posting Date: September 15, 2023
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
1 Permanent Part Time - Days (0700 - 1500)
1 Permanent Part Time - Days (0600 - 1400)
5 Permanent Part Time - Evenings (1500 - 2300)
Participate as a member of the nursing and personal care team, providing care in activities of daily living to the residents. This includes reporting changes in resident status in Point of Care and carrying out direction from registered staff.
- Provide personal care for residents including all activities of daily living to ensure their optimum physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Communicate effectively with residents, staff and families.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times. Is respectful, courteous and pleasant manner.
- Provide individualized service and creates a home-like atmosphere.
- Observe and report changes in the resident’s status.
- Record necessary data (e.g. flow sheets).
- Share responsibility for the care of equipment in the Home and the personal belongings of residents.
- Work co-operatively with team members.
- Receive direction from registered staff.
- Participate in quality improvement activities as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma and a Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized college.
- Team oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and adapt to resident needs
- Previous experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation or care setting.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA)
- Familiarity with basic computer functionality, experience with Point Click Care (PCC), or Point of Care (POC)
- Must be able to work shifts.
- Must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the care and assistance of residents.
- Current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment.
- Current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by first day of employment.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.