Job Details - apply directly at www.ail/ca/careers
About this Position
Reporting to the Western Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Representative will utilize their technical expertise and knowledge of AIL products to provide engineered solutions to our customers enabling us to meet or exceed the planned sales revenue for a defined customer base. This role identifies, promotes and acts upon opportunities for the sale of AIL products solutions while maintaining our core values and high service standards. The Outside Sales Representative will be a strong contributor to our reputation as a Trusted Advisor in the industry, employing problem solving to satisfy customer needs and to improve internal processes. This position will be based out of a home office and travel throughout Manitoba & Saskatchewan.
- Manage ongoing engineered product and service requirements and monitor client base for expansion, growth or potential moves.
- Develop new accounts and build relationships through active prospecting, referrals, leads and personal initiatives.
- Assist in the development of new opportunities through existing customers with other sales personnel, as well as assisting other team members regarding product knowledge or resource information.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with production planning to ensure timely delivery of AIL product to our customers.
- Ongoing management of sales activities (leads, opportunities, customer feedback and customer resolution) in Salesforce.com.
- Promote, educate and sell the various engineered solutions provided by AIL.
- Assist in the development of new, lead-share opportunities through existing customers to sell other value-added products and services.
- Prepare detailed quotations for AIL products and solutions.
- Provide engineering project management support, and ensure all non-conformances are handled with a sense of urgency, including prompt communication with all applicable parties.
- Creation of winning proposals for AIL engineered solutions and commodity products.
- Prepare prospective meetings, demonstrations and attend trade shows and networking events as needed.
- Perform technical presentations and seminars as required.
- Build product knowledge to enhance ability to sell successful solutions.
- Provide technical on-site assistance during the installation of AIL engineered solutions.
- Travel is required throughout the assigned territory
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology is an asset.
- Minimum of three to five years of sales experience, preferably in a similar industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication (verbal & written), time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work, be flexible, and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to meet deadlines competently and timely, often under pressure.
- Able to present clear, concise, and credible business presentations.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize several projects at different stages concurrently.
- Excellent computer skills are required, including a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, and Customer Relationship Management software, such as Salesforce.com.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD is an asset.
Atlantic Industries Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Atlantic Industries Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manitoba: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sales: 3 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person