Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
We are seeking an End User System Specialist to drive the development, delivery, and support for Workstation, M365, Exchange, Mobility and Collaboration Services that supports the Enterprise in Irving Shipbuilding.
As a technologist, you will develop and deliver end user computing solutions that enable business agility and effectiveness. You will have experience in a complex enterprise environment with a successful track record of delivery, and a deep understanding of technology and how it is applied to enable the business.
Day in the Life of the Digital Experience Team
Sitting in one of the most exciting seats in all of Operations, End User Computing is your bread and butter. From coordinating Windows OS deployments, mailbox migrations, mobile device app deployments, O365 changes, Conditional Access and Application Protection Policies, to designing and deploying new and exciting end user technologies, you’ll be in the driver’s seat to empower the most important part of our enterprise.
At JDI IT, we have the belief that what people experience matters more than technology, and this is foundational to the core of the End User System Specialist.
About Irving Shipbuilding:
As the most modern shipyard in North America, Irving Shipyard is defined by its pace and appetite for change. This will mean jumping right in, taking ownership, and leading the charge even if the way forward isn’t always clear. If you’re naturally curious, motivated by a fast-moving environment and looking to drive new solutions this is an opportunity for you. Discover, synthesize, and analyze information from a variety of sources within JDI enterprise.Work alongside a diverse team supporting the technology landscape established to manufacture the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) class of the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSP).
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Responsible for the design, build and delivery of a scalable and secure digital workplace, end user device technology and collaboration solutions that enable our businesses
- Enable our businesses with our collaboration and communication services at an enterprise level
- Directly impacting customer productivity and business outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, architecture, network, and security, to drive industry best practice and optimized solutions
- A collaborative team player with strong technical skills
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Passionate about how end-users experience technology
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Expertise in M365 Services (Office, Windows 10/11, OneDrive, Teams, Exchange, Microsoft Teams Rooms)
- Expertise in Collaboration (Cisco Telepresence, Microsoft Teams Rooms)
- Expertise in mobile device management
- Experience with end point management products i.e Intune and SCCM
- Certifications – CCNA/CCNP in Collaboration, Microsoft 365 (Desktop, Azure, Teams)
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values – some of our non-negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.