Who We Are:
Headquartered in Canada with locations across the United States and around the globe with a footprint on six continents, Bulletproof, a GLI company has decades of technology, security, and compliance expertise. Bulletproof’s work in the security space has been recognized nationally and globally with Microsoft’s global Security Partner of the Year in 2021 and five Microsoft Canada Impact Award wins from 2019 to present-day.
At Bulletproof, our vision is to serve, secure, and empower the world through people and technology; one customer at a time. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe and secure. Our mission is to serve and protect organizations to ensure their success.
What we have to offer
About the position:
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. Across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they're passionate about.
- Great People - We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - We celebrate each other’s differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
This position is responsible for ensuring professional IT support is delivered to all clients site offices that are Bulletproof ‘s existing client base.
This position serves as the second/ third technical level support for calls reported to the central support desk.
This position will be responsible for troubleshooting incidents and network/server/virtual client environment changes. This senior technical position is responsible for scheduling technical tasks and
mentoring Tier 1.
The Tier 2&3 position will interface with Project managers for delivery of IT solutions for Bulletproof ‘s client base.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Responds to all issues in the IT Ticket tracking system in a timely fashion.
- Corrects end user issues and reports issues that cannot be corrected promptly.
- Assists client IT personnel in client locations, resolving end user issues.
- Performs installations and resolves support issues within the LAN/WAN environments.
- Maintains records, logs and reports of client’s assistance and troubleshooting requests.
- Provides hands-on training, training materials and documentation for client equipment to employees when necessary.
- Takes leadership of specific management of 3rd part application(s) and system(s) areas, as assigned.
- Maintains network/site environmental diagrams and other documents regarding the client system(s) functionality.
- Works with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business need for changes, modifications or new systems to be implemented.
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems.
- Responsible to enter time on a weekly basis which will be used to generate monthly reports to clients on workload, and status on open projects and issues.
- Provides maintenance and operation of infrastructure assets in (CISCO, Fortinet, Sophos Bomgar, Barracuda,O365/Azure, VMware, and SolarWinds environments) including, but not limited to email systems, backup systems, Active Directory access user account creation, phone system modifications and new user PC/network set-ups.
- Apply operating systems updates, making modifications and configuration changes when necessary.
- Performs technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure.
- Monitor and reviews IT system logs, server security and special services on servers; identifies errors and makes modifications as needed.
- Resolves issues within the network systems and infrastructure software. Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the most beneficial resolution for all parties involved.
- Maintains confidentiality about the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor or Project managers regarding workload, open projects and issues.
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by client/Bulletproof policies.
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products.
- Responsible for maintaining of client assets in a SolarWinds environment to monitor performance metrics to complete proactive client monitoring.
- Responsible for attaining and maintain technical certifications (SolarWinds, CISCO, Microsoft and Fortinet)
- Responsible for the guidance and mentoring of Tier 1 positions within Bulletproof technical teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position will require after-business hours on-call approximately one week out of every 8 weeks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification.
- Solid working knowledge of Networking typologies, Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional telephone manners and a strong customer service orientation is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes is an asset
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Experience in a hosting environment is an asset.
- Certifications in CISCO, SolarWinds, Microsoft and Fortinet would be definite assets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
What’s in it for you:
- Must possess relevant technical skills/certifications in the systems or area specified by management
- Working knowledge of network topology and remote access devices required
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple incidents and tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, correctness and deadlines
- Ability to adapt from business to technical communication according to the audience
- Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the best beneficial resolution for all parties involved
- Ability to update ticketing systems using professional correspondence
- Must have the ability to communicate, both orally and written, with other members of the team and external parties
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple incidents/changes and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Technical Analysts Tier 2 must have a minimum of 10 + years’ experience in a related position
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans and Employee Assistance Program.
- Single medical, vision, and dental coverage is 100% paid for by the company [US + Canada].
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay and variable pay that rewards individual, team, and company performance.
- On-going learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteer time.
- Life insurance.
- An employer-matched RRSP/401(k).
- Paid sick and vacation time.
- Annual discretionary bonus + Service Award Bonus.
- Professional membership designations and technical certifications are up for reimbursement.
Bulletproof is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Bulletproof is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.