Project Manager opportunities with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $36 - $45 an hour
- Permanent with pension and benefits
- Flexible working hours with hybrid options
- Up to $2,500 annual training funds
- and much more!
Salary Range: $36.51 - $45.66 per hour (Level 19 UPSE)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Posting ID: 159317-0923TBPO
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2023 5:00p.m.
Department: Treasury Board Secretariat, IT Shared Services
Position: Full-Time Classified Position(Commencing Immediately)
The purpose of these positions is to ensure Government’s success on new and existing initiatives by providing leadership, project management, resource management, technology/information management, contract/service level agreement- business analysis, performance measurement, version control, and change control. These positions also provide account management services and regular project status reports to Management through a project dashboard.
Duties will include:
- Utilizing the standard project management methodology and tools of the Enterprise Project Management Office to define project plans and schedules, prepare effort and cost estimates, identify resources required, assign work for project teams, manage the execution of projects by controlling and monitoring; preparing Treasury Board submissions, operating budgets, negotiating contracts, and making recommendations;
- Planning, coordinating, and supporting information systems delivery and consultation services for new systems or enhancements within assigned Government Department/Agency;
- Managing financial, human resources, and material resources for multi disciplinary projects;
- Supervising the activities of staff during time spent on the project and providing this feedback as part of the Performance Management process;
- Managing Requests For Information's and Request For Proposal's for potential new systems, technologies and resources;
- Chairing and participating in various IT working groups;
- Presenting concepts, and projects to senior management of Government, and client department leadership;
- Other duties as required.
- Graduation from university with a degree in Computer Science or a related field such as Business Administration supplemented with relevant course work (i.e. Public Administration, Management Development, Human Resources Development, Business Analysis) as well as training in project management;
- Extensive experience in the IT industry and specific knowledge and experience in the principles, techniques, and methods used to elicit, analyze, and document user requirements;
- Experience with Information Technology projects and contract management and project management; experience managing business systems acquisition, implementation, and support;
- Demonstrated equivalencies may be considered;
- Must be able to work independently and be highly self motivated and directed;
- Must be able to liaise with and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources; deal tactfully with employees and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of services; be persuasive, encouraging and diplomatic, with conflict resolution skills;
- Must have excellent presentation skills and communicate with confidence and efficiency to all levels of Government;
- Must be adept at conducting research; analyze and creatively problem solve; quickly understand an organization’s goals and objectives;
- Must be able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; actively listen; communicate well both orally and in written format; work collaboratively; effectively prioritize; and always maintain a customer service orientation;
- The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record;
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
The Treasury Board Secretariat is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility. Our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and to promote welcoming, diverse, inclusive, respectful workplaces that are accessible to all. We welcome all interested individuals including Indigenous People, persons with disabilities, Black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, as well as people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expressions. Those looking for more information are invited to visit our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy
Our Vision: Forward-looking people, service, and technology.
Our Mission: Our Team proudly delivers quality IT expertise and advice with our partners to make citizen and business-centric service possible.
PLEASE NOTE: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The "Notification of Successful Candidates" list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Where possible, submitting an electronic resume or job application is preferred. Otherwise, please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE.
Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.jobspei.ca. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone (902) 368-4080.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $36.51-$45.66 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- IT Industry: 3 years (required)
- Information Technology projects: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-09