Are you an OCT teacher looking for a rewarding part-time teaching position in Oakville, Ontario? ICan Education – Oakville is seeking an English Language Teacher to help students in grades 1 - 12 continue to develop their English literacy skills in person in one-on-one and/in small group sessions at the ICan Education learning centre. This position is only for in-person teaching.
- Teacher will support students' continued acquisition of their English language literacy skills.
- Teach students in person at ICan Education learning centre in Oakville.
- Teach elementary as well as high school students
- Assess students’ abilities and help modify lessons according to students' needs
- Follow Ican Education teaching methodology and system, provide feedback on homework.
- Motivating and inspiring students to achieve better grades.
- Complete periodic reporting; attend meetings and training as required.
- Provide student progress report, feedback on time. Participate in student review sessions.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- OCT Teacher is preferred or qualified teacher with experience
- Experience working with students with learning challenges (ADD, ADHD)
- Bachelor’s Degree and familiarity with Ontario curriculum for JK to Grade 12
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Ontario Curriculum related to English language and math
- 2 years of teaching experience is preferred
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Teaching Skills
- Written Skills
- Motivating skills
- One-to-One Student Management Skills
- Small Group/Classroom Management Skills
- Classes are from Monday to Friday from 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm in Oakville, Ontario. Hours may change as needed.
- Training and ongoing support is provided for the selected candidates
- Allows teachers to gain and maintain teaching experience.
- All cover letters should specify what grades you are eligible to teach and/or comfortable teaching
- Interested candidates are encouraged to upload their cover letters and resumes
- For more information on ICan Education, please visit our website at icaneducation.ca
- Compensation will depend on experience. This is a great opportunity to join a team of caring professionals who are motivated to help students build confidence and develop learning skills for life.
Benefits: Flexible schedule & Onsite parking
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
We are strictly following health ministry guideline and sanitizing after every one hour. Our staffs are fully vaccinated.
- teaching: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person