INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR
Breton Ability Centre is in the process of significant transformation. BAC provides living, learning and
vocational, as well as support services for people with varying abilities. As a significant employer in the Cape
Breton area, we are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative person to join our team in the role of Information
Technology Administrator. This is a permanent part-time position.
• Supporting Windows and Apple OS, hardware, networking software, networking hardware, networking security,
Windows based server and applications, installation/upgrading application software.
- Network, PC, laptop, and server management, deployment and maintenance;
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting for all computers and Windows based servers when
- Respond to internal help-desk requests and tasks;
- Provide technical support to employees;
- Provide technical support for hardware and software when necessary.
The Information Technology Administrator will provide network and workstation support, monitor system
performance, and provide front line support when dealing with employees as necessary. Our ideal candidate
must be positive, outgoing, capable, and enthusiastic about learning on demand. The ideal candidate is self-
motivated and can work in a team environment.
- Completion of college, vocational/technical training, university degree in a computer/IT related discipline
or similar work experience.
- Related technical experience would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills and proven
ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Provide support for IT related peripherals including but not limited to printers, scanners, video conference
equipment, multifunction devices, wireless devices and other communications systems as required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, to manage priorities, to work under pressure and to manage various
- Highly analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and able to work independently while still being part of a team.
- Networking experience, including Network troubleshooting, design, maintenance, and security.
- Knowledge of Breton Ability Centre’s network and systems will be considered an asset.
- Experience in PC/Windows Server hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Clear criminal record check.
Interested applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter by - September 8, 2023 to:
Human Resources Assistant
Breton Ability Centre
1300 Kings Road, Sydney, NS B1S 0H3
By email to: [email protected]
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.