Are you a savvy IT professional with unsurpassed problem solving, service and solutioning skills? Consider this opportunity with the Treasury Board Secretariat, Central Agencies I&IT Cluster, IT Source, where you will provide advanced support services to clients in support of business activities for an enterprise-wide service. While proactively monitoring the online service, you will participate in a team to analyze issues and implications of resolutions.
This position is located at 33 King Street West Oshawa and/or 222 Jarvis Street, Toronto; however, alternate work arrangements including flexible hours, hybrid remote work, and compressed work week may be available.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide operational and technical support to internal and external clients by analyzing and providing solutions.
- Develop and document enhancements and fixes to the enterprise-wide system.
- Liaise with other Information Technology staff, suppliers and partners to review/address related software issues.
- Monitor system and network performance to ensure continued service availability.
- Ensure integrity of the databases.
- Handle, maintain and support incident management tickets from service administrators, managers and users of the service.
- Develop user manuals, test plans, change request documentation and other documentation as required.
- Knowledge of client systems and customer service support of Internet based technologies (e.g. operation systems, application software, standard and commonly used software, networks, internet browsers, etc.).
- Experience designing, implementing and testing/validating changes to systems and service.
- Knowledge of communications, database management software as well as incident ticketing systems (i.e. Remedy)
- Experience performing troubleshooting and providing end user support.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud solutions
- Knowledge of database concepts and Service Management (e.g. Management of; Incident, Release, Change, Capacity and Availability).
- Experience developing and implementing enhancements and fixes to systems.
- Reasoning and problem solving skills to administer and maintain continued operation of systems.
- Analytical and evaluative skills to recommend enhancements to service/solutions and develop test data.
- Investigative skills to gather information on technical problems, recommend solutions and outline option risks.
- Experience diagnosing service malfunctions/issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Experience evaluating potential impact of proposed changes on existing solution and network performance.
You have experience:
- Providing customer service and client relationship support
- Explaining technical recommendations and requirements to non-technical users and decision makers.
- Facilitating decisions to advance information technology strategies and plans.
- Developing and editing various documents (e.g. project reports, end user operating instructions, training manuals, correspondence to clients).
- Providing training to management staff and clients.
- You have knowledge of project planning methodology to develop and implement project plans.
- You have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of program objectives and business goals.
- You have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of clients' business, processes and requirements.