Redbrick and Rebase are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria, BC
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Modern tech stacks (React, TypeScript, Python, Kubernetes)
- Opportunities to contribute to open-source communities
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
5 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our 5 portfolio companies, Rebase dreams, designs and builds apps for desktop and mobile, leveraging sophisticated analytics and performance marketing to reach hundreds of thousands of users monthly. We customize Chromium’s open-source browser to create bespoke desktop and mobile browsers that reimagine internet experiences. Our Rebase team is 23 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
"[Redbrick is] the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in-office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply? You will find yourself doing the following:
- Architecting, designing, and implementing new features.
- Mentoring and leading other developers to improve their skill sets and product quality.
- Problem-solving bugs and implementing fixes.
- Analyzing data to better inform our decision-making process.
- Coordinating initiatives and projects from idea to release.
- Designing and developing web sites and web applications in a range of languages and frameworks with a focus on moving to modern frameworks.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and improve product quality.
- Maintain, improve, and support existing software products.
- Collaborate with team members to integrate new product functionality across the companies portfolio of products.
- Helping the team grow the business in ways we haven’t yet thought of.
After 1 week:
- You have an understanding of the software we build and are starting to familiarize yourself with the development process.
- You will have started or completed a couple of small tasks.
- Merged in code that will be released to our users.
After 1 month:
- You will be breaking down large tasks and building new features into projects.
- Coordinating with design teams on updates and additions, as well as debugging errors and implementing fixes.
After 6 months:
- You will be taking the lead on architecting and building new features into our publishing and advertising businesses, creating new products, and various MVPs.
- You will have all the knowledge necessary to handle releasing updates, and the ability to track the success of new changes from start to finish.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Web Developer with Rebase, here is what we’re on the lookout for:
- 5+ years of experience developing and architecting highly scaled web applications and web sites.
- Proven track record of designing and building web applications with both frontend and backend web development.
- Strong experience and knowledge of modern web technologies and frameworks such as:
- Vue or React
- Experience with advertising technologies such as Google Ad Manager and Prebid.js.
- Experience with version control systems, code review, and automated testing.
- Experience architecting and deploying services on AWS/Cloudflare/etc..
- Experience with database design and administration as well as experience with DevOps tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent entrepreneurial experience in product building.
- Experience working at an online publisher building web properties monetized with online advertising.
- Experience with data tracking systems (Google Analytics, Mixpanel)
- Expert Ping Pong Skills
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Rebase, and Redbrick!
Redbrick and Rebase are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.