Island Mediquip is a leading provider of home medical equipment on Vancouver Island. Island Mediquip provides Installation, service and maintenance of home medical & mobility Equipment on Vancouver Island.
We are seeking an experienced Delivery & Cleaning Technician to join our team in our Duncan, BC office. The ideal candidate will have experience with the cleaning and sanitizing of medical equipment. Must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and possess good mechanical aptitude. Island Mediquip (www.islandmediquip.com) is a Vancouver Island owned and operated company that prides itself on being one of the largest independent suppliers of home medical equipment, lift/elevation equipment and adaptive automotive equipment for people with disabilities
Reporting to the Store Supervisor, this position will be responsible for:
- Safely delivering & setting up medical equipment at client's home & in LTC locations throughout the Greater Cowichan Area
- Assisting with Cleaning & Disinfecting Equipment Prior to Delivery
- Basic repairs to durable medical equipment with options to pursue advanced technical training within the company
- Implementing our cleaning and disinfection protocols for returned medical equipment
- Keep exterior of vehicle clean and keep up-to-date with maintenance
- Maintaining documents related to delivery and completed service work documentation
- Ability to multitask and communicate to internal stakeholders.
Professional and courteous representation when delivering medical equipment to clients, caregivers and clinicians.
- Adhering to Island Mediquip’s procedures to allow for a safe work environment.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Must have a valid BC Drivers' License, a clean drivers' abstract and willing to provide a criminal record check.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving capabilities would be ideal.
- Able to safety lift weights up to 50lbs.
- Excellent work ethic and passion for helping people with physical disabilities.
Must have a friendly, positive attitude and have the ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Expected hours: 32 – 40 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Duncan, BC V9L 1V2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person