Your repartee is as legendary as your advice is sound
Location: Alt Hotel St. John's
Do you have a knack for effortlessly finding the perfect gift for any occasion? We are looking for a person who has an innate ability to read people, the curiosity to ask the right questions, and real attention to detail that allows them to touch people's hearts one small gesture at a time. The Customer Service Manager has a naturally enthusiastic and organized approach, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with their team and other departments. The Guest Service Manager is a dynamic and inspiring resource person who is always available to support colleagues. Because they excel in the art of juggling delicate situations and stand out for their autonomy and ability to find creative solutions to unforeseen situations, they provide an outstanding level of service at all times and ensure that all team members do the same.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU CAN BRING
- Have customer service in your blood and a genuine desire to help others.
- Experience in a similar role in a hotel
- Sense of responsibility and duty; make yourself available when needed.
- Dynamic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt.
- Excellent problem and complaint management skills.
- A leader who can inspire, motivate, and mobilize teams.
- Patient with strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Works closely with the various department heads and the employees under their responsibility to ensure the quality of customer service
- Collaborates to achieve the budgeted objectives for his/her department with the help of his/her teams
- Act as a resource person for teams regarding complaint management and computer systems.
- Work to continually improve the guest experience by bringing in new ideas and spearheading their implementation.
- Oversees, in collaboration with General Management and Guest Services Supervisors, the management of the department's operations
- Ensure a constant presence on the floor, while performing a multitude of administrative and management tasks.
- Support team members in their work and professional development.
- Respond with care and attention to guests' requests and contribute, through your individuality and creativity, to continually improve their experience.
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches and evaluates staff under his/her responsibility.
- Collaborates with head office on support services requests
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We empower employees to be autonomous and creative in their roles.
- We foster work-life balance in our scheduling and time off.
- We offer paths for flexible career development and growth.
- We value team members for who they are and ensure they are heard.
- Competitive pay
- Considerate scheduling
- Employee referral program
- Partially paid group insurance for salaried and full-time employees
- Lifeworks wellbeing platform
- Promotional rate for Germain Hotels stays
- Free gym access according to occupancy
HOW TO APPLY – DON’T BE SHY!
Are you already imagining yourself as part of the team? If you have the experience and qualities that suit this role, be confident in your skills and apply now. Even if you don't check every box, you could be the person we're looking for! We’ll contact the candidates we deem to be the most qualified overall.