Amphenol Canada Corp.
Amphenol (www.amphenol.com) is a Fortune 500 Company and one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. We design, manufacture and market electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems.
Reasons to Join Amphenol Canada!
- Excellent benefits coverage, including health, dental, vision & travellers’ insurance
- Health Care Spending account
- Company pension plan
- Progressive employee incentive plans
- Talent development – we invest in your growth!
- Company Recreation Club offering fun draws with exciting prizes, summer BBQs, holiday parties & more!
Network & Security Architect
This role is responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementing network and security systems within Amphenol’s IT network. The Network & Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
What does a Network & Security Architect do?
- Provide a future vision for the enterprise network & security architecture with a five-year time horizon.
- Oversee the design and build of network & security-specific solutions. Plan systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Routers, Firewalls and related security & network devices
- Maintain and optimize cyber-security posture of the organization by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies & procedures, and developing & conducting Knowledge Transfer & Training programs
- Interface with various stakeholders concerning projects, implementations, and operations support. Support IT projects in the identification of security requirements based on enterprise policy frameworks/guidance, including data classification
- Ability to implement complex business solutions taking account of both technical & financial aspects. Realize innovative ways to incorporate new technologies into the enterprise to produce enhanced value for existing business practices
- Engage with Vendors and assess & evaluate new technologies
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a computer-related discipline
- 8+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with switching and routing implementations: Cisco devices (including Cisco Meraki), Fortinet and Sophos devices.
- Familiarity with network design & optimization including LAN/WAN design incorporating multiple sites (MPLS & SD-WAN, VLANs, VPN & Remote Connectivity technologies eg. PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, SSL) as well as effective network segmentation
- Familiarity with configuring and managing SEM/SIEMs, IPDS, Firewalls, TLS/SSL Encryption applications/devices
- Experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability
- Results oriented with a strong commitment to customer service, drive teams, projects, topics and change
- Cisco Networking Certifications
- CISSP, CSIM Certification
- SANS GCIA, GSEC, GMON, GCED
- Certificate for current Microsoft operating systems
- Familiarity with Symantec Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Websense
Salary information: $80K-110K (Salary is dependent on experience)
Previous experience is required, but we are open to individuals with previous transferable skills such as: it, network architect, network, network engineer, telecommunications, information technology, ccna, network security, network administrator
Amphenol Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of experience do you have in Cisco, Fortinet and Sophos devices?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Information Security/IT Risk Management: 8 years (required)
Work Location: In person