Who Are We?
Leap is a student-professional networking platform designed to disrupt the job market industry by introducing the first-ever two-sided platform targeted to both students/grads and employers/recruiters. Leap implements a wide range of unique and compelling features to enhance the job-seeking and networking process for students alongside the hiring process for employers.
Leap is looking for a Full-Stack Development Intern to join our software development team as we continue to provide cutting-edge tools and support to our development team. You will play a key role in resolving various frontend bugs including cross compatibility amongst various browsers and operating systems. You would also be working with our existing web application and web codebases, developing new features and solutions, implementing an agile delivery (DevOps) pipeline, and delivering high-quality, testable code that delivers significant value.
What are we looking for?
- Recently graduated from a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Knowledge of jQuery, CSS, HTML
- Must be open to learning or developing in an AWS environment (with various micro services for deployment and scalability.
- Must be open to learning or developing using python and various python libraries
- Database experience (preferably not relational, but experience is experience!)
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git (bitbucket, gitlab, GitHub)
- Experience with MongoDB, Express, and Node.Js
Nice to have (Not Mandatory, but it'd be nice!):
- Production level react experience
- Experience with cloud-native development and architectures, and managing and scaling applications on a modern cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of mobile platforms similar to React Native and SDKs like Braintree, S3 buckets, node dependencies
- Big Data Experience
- Made contributions to GitHub libraries
- Strong sense of humour, passionate about development!
What is in it for you?
- Great team and company culture
- Opportunity to work remotely on a flexible schedule
- Casual dress. No need to come in a nice suit or a fancy dress. Just be comfortably!
- Incentivized rewards based on performance
Leap is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Leap is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Leap are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, […], family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Leap will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Leap encourages applicants from all walks of life to apply.”
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $26.60-$29.70 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (preferred)
- React: 1 year (preferred)
- MongoDB: 1 year (preferred)
- Express: 1 year (preferred)
- Node.js: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote