IC Savings is a credit union that focuses on bringing the benefits of co-operative banking to more than 21,000 personal and business members, whether online, by mobile or in branch at its eight locations in the Greater Toronto Area. To learn more, visit www.icsavings.ca.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking experienced customer service professionals to join our team as Member Service Representatives (MSR).
An important part of our retail branch team, the MSR is the face of our brand on the front line. With each and every interaction, the MSR delivers exceptional and personal service to our valued members (customers), going the extra mile for them, and giving more than what’s expected. Always helpful, the MSR is knowledgeable and efficient in the service they provide.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing efficient and professional service to our members during every interaction, including day-to-day banking transactions like deposits, withdrawals, bill payments and wire, foreign currency and/or other account requests;
- Knowing our members, listening and connecting with them to identify opportunities for other products and services, and referring these to the appropriate branch team member;
- Adhering to compliance and regulatory requirements as well as corporate and operational branch policies and procedures, including opening and end-of-day and ATM balancing;
- Ensuring member concerns are addressed with the utmost care, referring to senior staff when appropriate;
- Helping maintain the overall look and appearance of the branch at all times;
- Assisting with other branch duties as required.
Factors that will contribute to your success
Possessing a positive, “can-do” attitude, the successful candidate is someone who pays great attention to detail in their daily work and enjoys the opportunity to learn and contribute to the member experience in a positive way. Respectful to members and to teammates, this individual also meets these other qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma, post-secondary diploma or degree preferred;
- Experience in a customer service and/or sales role with cash-handling responsibilities, preferably in financial services;
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral; working knowledge of spoken Italian or Portuguese preferred;
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Professional, team-oriented environment in a branch setting.
- Standard branch hours based on 37.5-hour work week: Monday to Wednesday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Thursday to Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with flexibility to work Saturdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and overtime, as required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by being able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job; these include, but are not limited to: sitting, some walking and standing, considerable use of computer and phone, seldom moving of items up to 25 pounds in weight.
How to apply?
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please submit your resumé.
IC Savings is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
IC Savings has implemented Covid-19 vaccination policy, requesting all employees, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Company will provide suitable accommodation, whenever possible, to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or other grounds protected by the Code.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Cash handling: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person