Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working in the culinary industry and takes pride in their work. We're looking to grow our team with someone who is driven, reliable and eager to learn new skills with potential opportunities for career growth.
Job Purpose: To manage the flow of customers in the front of house by taking orders and ensuring Amore di Zio customer service standards are upheld and met.
- Greet customers upon arrival in a friendly and respectful manner
- Provide excellent customer service throughout entire dining experience; taking orders, menu recommendations, delivering food, table maintenance and processing payments
- Must be able to use an espresso machine to make specialty coffee
- Ensure that all food and beverages presented to guests meet the standards put in place by Amore di Zio (clean serving ware, take note of any allergies or dietary restrictions, etc.)
- Responsible for cleaning each table and resetting after use as per Amore di Zio standards
- Share responsibility for stocking inventory, cleaning menus, polishing cutlery, glassware, removing garbage, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Responsible for restaurant set up prior to opening/closing
Qualifications and requirements
- Must be available mornings, afternoons and weekends (flexible)
- Ability to work well in a team setting while under pressure in fast paced conditions while maintaining composure and respect
- Capable of using point-of-sales system, managing multiple tables, taking constructive criticism and reporting to management
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Note: Previous experience as a barista or in the food service industry is preferred but not required. Training will be provided for candidates with the right attitude and willingness to learn.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-20