The Home Hardware Brand is the largest independent hardware and building supply retailer in Canada. It is made up of more than 1,100 dealer owned locations and carries more than 100,000 products. It is also home to a large supportive workforce that is dedicated to helping our customers with quality products and exceptional service.
Mara Lumber Home Building Centre is looking for a crane driver to join it's team effective immediately.
The crane driver is responsible for delivering products and/or supplies to customers, vendors, jobsites, or other corporate locations. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles, verification of administrative paperwork, and working with the public at large. The delivery person must safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of customer service.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Take all necessary safety precautions when handling freight, tools and equipment
- Deliver purchases and/or pick up goods
- Check merchandise against orders or invoices as required
- Be familiar with the safe operation and maintenance of equipment including crane trucks, flat beds, forklifts, pallet jack, banding machines etc.
- Load and unload materials
- Store material in correct locations in the yard
- Identify and assist customers with advice, information, and/or help in gathering and loading orders.
- Keep the yard clean and the inventory neat and orderly.
- Be familar with the location(s) of all inventory and equipment.
- Resolve customer complaints
- Be aware of theft and take action, in line with company policy
- Process special orders for non-stock items
- Make suggestions for rule, policy, and/or procedure changes when you think that such changes will improve efficiency, morale, profits, sales, etc.
- Help in training new employees
- Work on any special projects assigned by your supervisor, after determining their priority in relation to your other duties.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Holding a Level 'A' Crane Certificate is an asset. Willing to train the right applicant with a Class 1 or 3 license for the certification required.
Competitive wages and benefits offered. This is a year round, permanent, full time position.
Thank you to all those who apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person